samUel's blog サムエル ブログ

Thursday, July 31, 200822:46

It's Oval

samUel wants to say...
言いたい…
  

Well, it's oval! The mathematical name for an oval is an ellipse taking the general equation [(x-a)^2/h^2]+[(y-b)^2/k^2]=0, where on a Cartesian coordinate system (a,b) would give the center of the ellipse and the ellipse would have a width of 2h and a height of 2k. There are two foci for an ellipse. The sum of the distances from any point on the surface of the ellipse to the two foci is constant and the distance between these two foci is called the focal distance. When these two foci merge into one, you get a special kinda ellipse known as a circle i.e. h=k in the general equation. There are importances to foci of a elliptical curve and that's how satellite dishes and acoustic systems of big theaters based on. Still, it's oval! Anyway, it's a pun...

Well, time has zoomed past pretty fast 'cos it's been 3 weeks since I spotted that oval. Humph, it's still a pun...I know I'm getting a 'lil corny. Last weekend I went to St. James and I bumped into only quite a handful of friends. Many were quite shocked to see me I supposed 'cos I haven't been clubbing lately. In fact, that would mark the end to my clubber lifestyle. Many things inspired me to quit clubbing and I'll tell you the reasons in no time...

I met this guy called Jim lately. Well, nice look and nice bod. Establishing his career and I see that he's ambitious and having a promising career in front of him. He's younger than me and he doesn't club. What does clubbing offer me? Nothing much actually aside from burning a hole in my pocket: the cover charge, the drinks, the supper and the cab fare home. Well, I get to know a few more guys whom I know that with a hectic school life I couldn't keep in contact with (so I hope if you guys read my blog here you know why it's very hard to get me out during school term.) The time spent being high and the hangover the next day makes you not able to operate effectively and efficiently. I think it's time to relabel clubbing as an occasional events than a routine like before especially now I have 6 tuition kids to juggle and close friends I wanna get closer with.

I have kinda reformed my life and know what I want and now I'm trying to steer myself out of the scene and focusing on things that I want to accomplish. I wanna try trekking. Snorkeling would come in if Songda doesn't put my aeroplane 'cos we agreed to go Redang in our midterm break. I'm trying to plan a Cambodia-Vietnam-Myammar backpack trip at the end of this year. And there are just simply a lot of things that I wanna learn!

I have been crazy shopping over the past week and I got a crazy load of things: (1) a pair of Adidas track shoes; (2) a Nike singlet; (3) a Guess belt; (4) DKNY Be Delicious Men's Green Apple fragrance (ha, since I got it earlier than Daren, he has no reason to call me copycat and I could call him copycat if we used it together when we hang out!); (5) a sketch book; (6) a couple of tee-shirts. Oh...I still need a shoe bag and some swimming and gym gear.

Schedule for the next semester is out already and I've a really bad time table. I'm doing a 28 AU schedule with 9 modules inclusive of FYP. It's kinda mad. Today I went back to school to print notes with Zhuoguan after swimming together. It's really OMG when I looked at the notes! Full of equations and they seem somewhat very distant after a 3 month break. Humph...it's time to work hard again! My modules are gross:
(1) BG3002 Controls in Biosystems
(2) BG3003 Signal Process in Biosystems
(3) BG3004 Biomedical Imaging
(4) BG3005 Biomedical Instrumentation
(5) BG3006 Advanced Biocomputational Methods
(6) BG3071 Bioengineering Lab 3
(7) BG4225 Physiological Engineering and Artificial Organs
(8) MB218 International Financial Management or MB219 Principles of Risk and Insurance (Result for elective would be out tomorrow!)
(9) FYP - on the URECA project I was on for the past one year!
Maybe I'll put a copy of my time table here when it's finalized so you guys know when you could call me out!

I needa get something done for the time being...

Hyperbolic insanity!