samUel's blog サムエル ブログ

Thursday, July 17, 200802:11

Broken Silence?

samUel wants to say...
言いたい…
  

Last night about this time, a support beam of my wall shelf buckled under the weight of my vodka collection and sent the whole unit down. Well, luckily for me I was at the dining hall away from my usual site beneath the shelf. Otherwise, I wouldn't be sitting here...

The tumbling sound ruined the night - the shattering sound of the liquor bottle broke the silence. The event was somehow fated. It seems to be telling me that someone has to break this tension we find ourselves in to give both of us a direction...

...a huge outburst happened last Friday that sent us into this deep silent - the aftermath of a supernova. And this silence is tormenting me...

Old people say that it's never a good idea to make a pair of slippers a gift no matter the occasion 'cos it symbolizes that you're asking this person to leave. I'm not sure if I'm being superstitious but it seems like ever since you bought me that pair of slippers, we ran into a lot of issues. If those were merely problems, it's really fine 'cos we could work through them. But these occurrences were somewhat the roots of our conflict. Given a choice, I would rather not have that pair of slippers and just have a simple life...

Perhaps, I wouldn't lead us to this state not for my extreme selfishmess and insensitivity. Maybe Thad was right in the sense that I 'love' based on what I feel it should be rather than trying to be understanding and compassionate. Maybe...

My life is now like my room last night - in total wreckage. The shelf collapsed in matter of seconds but it took a total of about 11 hours to clear the mess up - and restoration work is yet to be done. Well, maybe time is the solution to everything...just maybe.

I have written a letter for you...but I guess you need time to get over everything. No, I'm not trying to act like a humble person taking all the blames now. I know I'm very unreasonable whenever I fight...and I really am. But I hope we could really get over this fast regardless the outcome...

I've learnt an important lesson this round and I never hope to commit it again...

Love is marvelous for it can multiply joy and divide burden to those who trust its ability...and trust is all it needs!